Group of pedestrians (Winner – Publisher of the Year, Mumbrella Publish Awards 2021) is looking for a part-time job Money journal editor to join the Refinery29 Australia team for a 12 month contract.
Reporting to the Chief Editor, the editor of Money Diaries will play a pivotal role in launching the long-awaited Australian version of Refinery29’s most successful content franchise in the history of Refinery29: Money Diaries, which tracks how millennials and Gen Z are spending their hard earned money. money for a period of seven days.
The Money Diaries publisher will be responsible for ordering, editing, publishing and distributing newspaper submissions on all relevant R29 AU channels (including social media).
Our dream candidate will be passionate about tackling one of the biggest taboos modern women face – money – and will be just as comfortable talking to ‘real’ people about their spending habits as they are. ‘they will ask a financial expert about money management.
The publisher of Money Diaries should:
- Curate the Money Diaries vertical – commissioning Diaries, creating the actual posts on-site when submissions arrive, editing posts for formatting and fact checking
- Submit design requests and work in Photoshop / InDesign to create social resources to support each Money Diary
- Manage the Money Diary calendar and align interdepartmental teams
- Manage all invoices and payments for Money Diaries submissions
- Write content for the Work and Money verticals as needed
The position requires a person with:
- More than 3 years of experience writing and editing content for the Internet (finance experience ideal but not required)
- Experience in commissioning and / or managing contributors
- Strong editing skills, with great attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills to help maintain the Money Diary schedule
- A problem-solving mindset that can quickly prioritize various tasks and work on multiple projects at once
- Comfortable doing basic math in Excel
- Basic knowledge of InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If this sounds like your dream job, send us your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit.
* About the refinery29 *
Refinery29 is the leading media and entertainment company focused on women and underrepresented voices, with a global audience of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social and shareable content, and live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration and tools to discover and pursue a more independent, elegant and informed.
* About the pedestrian group *
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-focused publisher, reaching a unique audience of over 4.16 million Aussies per month and over 18-39 years of age than any other publisher. It is home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Business Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia and Kotaku Australia, as well as American Express open-air cinemas. It is 100% owned by Nine, Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.