Melbourne Renegades: BBL club initiates legal action against sponsor

0

A BBL club has taken legal action against one of its sponsors over allegations of thousands of dollars in unpaid fees.

Victorian BBL club, the Melbourne Renegades, have launched a lawsuit against a sponsor over allegations of $ 150,000 in unpaid fees.

Cricket Victoria, owner of the Renegades, filed a summons in county court alleging technology company Solos had failed to pay three-quarters of the money it owed the sports organization.

The logo of Solos, a Sydney-based tech company that sells “state-of-the-art” anti-counterfeiting tools, was featured on the right sleeve of the Renegades jersey during last summer’s BBL competition.

The company also sponsored the NBL South East Melbourne Phoenix club.

Articles on the company’s LinkedIn page show that Solos is in the process of closing the sponsorship deal with the two sports organizations, and they have identified themselves as the Renegades’ “fan engagement technology partner”.

Renegade players Beau Webster, Jon Holland and Benny Howell were also featured in a video thanking Solos for their support and wishing the staff a Merry Christmas in 2020.

But Cricket Victoria now claims the company failed to pay the Renegades $ 150,000 owed under their sponsorship deal.

A statement filed with the county court says the two sides reached a deal on November 24 last year.

According to court documents, Solos would pay Cricket Victoria $ 200,000 plus GST in return for certain sponsorship benefits.

Cricket Victoria claims that Solos paid the first $ 50,000 but “failed and / or refused to pay other bills totaling $ 150,000”.

According to the statement, the two sides reached an overdue settlement on August 18 of this year, whereby Solos would pay Cricket Victoria $ 126,500 in two installments.

But Cricket Victoria says the company did not pay the installments when they were due.

“As of the date of this statement, Solos has not remedied the default or made no payment to Cricket Victoria for the amount claimed or not at all,” the court documents say.

Solos had 21 days from September 29 to file an appearance if he planned to defend the claims. A hearing date for the civil case has not yet been set.

NCA NewsWire has reached out to Solos and their attorneys for comment.

[email protected]

Originally published as Melbourne Renegades BBL club take legal action against sponsor

Read related topics:Melbourne


Source link

Share.

Comments are closed.